Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new in QTP, need help
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi, I started to work in a new project in my company that need to use QTP to realize the tests with a site that they're developing.

But no one there has experience with QTP, so, I'm kinda a rat lab Big Grin

Then I found the site and the forum, and I registered to exchange some experience with you guys Smile. Well let me tell my problem.

Yesterday I was trying to do some tests with date on site and "discover" how to parameterize that, then started my whole problem. I need to fill the dates with some wrong values to the site return me some messages, then I need to check that messages, but each message has a different WebElement name and I don't know how to solve that.

For me the problem is the name of each message, I tried to parameterize that but don't work. Well, I sure that has something to solve that but yesterday I spent hours thinking on that and can't find the solution.

I'd be very apreciated if someone help me with that, cause is making me nuts.

Sorry for the long first post on forum and also for my english, that's not so good Big Grin
Can you put the problematic piece of code here? Make sure it is properly formatted.Use "Preview Post" button to format it.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Quote:Browser("...").Sync
Browser("...").Page("...").Sync
Browser("...").Page("...").WebEdit("dateDay").Set DataTable("date", dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("...").Page("...").WebEdit("dateMonth").Set DataTable("month", dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("...").Page("...").WebEdit("dateYear").Set DataTable("year", dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("...").Page("...").WebButton("Refresh display").Click
Browser("...").Page("...").WebElement("The date has to be today").Check CheckPoint("CheckPointMessage")

The problem is on that bold line, depending on date that I fill the fields, the website returns me a message. "The date has to be today" is one of five, but every message has a different WebElement name.

I tried to parameterize the names of each WebElement and also their values, but doesn't work
I was searching on the forum if has something related with my problem and I found that, and resolve my checkpoints Smile thanks surya

Now I only have a little error with one message, I "tell" to QTP fill the date with blank values, but he fill each field (date/month/year) with a space, and appears other message than expected.
Oh, forget about it. I didn't realize of that field on the table I fill with a space Rolleyes

Now it works, anyway, thanks for the help