Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
object identification
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
How QTP learns all the mandatory properties? What kind of properties it will think as mandatory properties? How it will differentiate different properties like for mandatory i have to lern these for ssistive i have learn these?

Please reply the answer. I am very confused with these questions
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Wink 
Hi kiran,

Go to the “Tools > Object Identification”.

It's the place where you can define the mandatory & assistive properties.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Smile

Attached Files
.doc   object identification.doc (Size: 142.5 KB / Downloads: 76)
Hi saini,

Thanks for ur reply.

I want to know how should we decide , that which properties to keep in mandatory, assistive, Base filter and optional filter.
When should we go for smart identification.

Thanks.
I want to know how should we decide , that which properties to keep in mandatory, assistive, Base filter and optional filter.
When should we go for smart identification.

Thanks.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Wink 
Hi Kiran,

The property which is the most suitable to indentify the object (For Example: ID in most of the cases) comes under mandatory property.

The property which is not able to find the object uniquely itself but is used with the mandatory property to recognize the object is known as assistive property (For Example: Name, Text etc).

Smart Identification is used when both mandatory & assistive property are not able to identify the object. To use it in our test we have to just enable it. QTP will do all the required processes itself (when/how to use it).

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 846 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,591 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW
  Object Identification approach sams001 2 2,394 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Uft 12 - Identification of Google Chrome Object's Property value as plain text teja2730 0 2,459 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: teja2730
  Check Box Object Identification rakesh499 0 2,013 01-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Last Post: rakesh499