Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem downloading QTP trial software
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all
I am new to QTP. As per Ankur's step by step guide I am trying to download QTP trial software. I opened the HP download centre, I clicked on HP quicktest professional 9.5 evaluation, I signed in, clicked on 'I agree'. Then its giving 'Important Software Download Links' and File name: T6510-15059.iso
Specification: DVD, QTP 9.5 English (T6510-15059.iso)
File size: 1212 MB
URL: T6510-15059.iso ' Is this the link I should click to download QTP?
I did the same but .iso file could not be openend.
Please help I am stuck there.
download that .iso file to your PC and then you need winrar software to extract .iso file.This is image file after extracting you can install QTP trial software.I hope this will work out.

Cheers!!
Try downloading isobuster from www.isobuster.com.
Extract it and click on Set-up
Thanks newqtp, I will try this!
Thanks niranjanvemuri
I downloaded isobuster from the link u suggested and extracted .iso file and clicked on setup. But after this, the QTP setup is giving me messeges as "No background bmp defined in section "General" entry "BGBmp". and the othe one is "No Application name defined in section "General" entry "App Text". These both messeges appeared as sson as I clicked on the setup. There is only "OK" option and after clicking on OK button its showing just blank square of application and nothing else. Even Task Manager is not showing any aaplication running.
So still I am unable to download QTP. Can u help?
Did you extract to a new folder? If not please do that and then click on set-up.

Let me exploain the whole process:
Open isobuster.
Now drag and drop the iso file into isobuster.
Right click on the >> (Blue color) and click on Extract...
Make a new folder and click on ok.
Now go to this folder and click on setup.
It should work... otherwise let me know
Hi Niranjanvemuri,
Thank u so much for your help. I am definitely going to try this today and I will let u know. I really appreciate your help.
Hi Niranjanvemuri,
I am so happy to tell u that I have successfully followed the steps u told me and its working now. I have installed QTP and now learning the tutorial.
Thank u very much!!
Hi niranjanvemuri

I have downloaded QTP trial and QTP tutorial 9.2. I am trying to record my first test using mercury tours. As per tutorial, I made all the settings. In 'Record and Run Settings' >Web>Open the following address when a record or run session begins', the default address shown is 'http://newtours.demoaut.com/'. I kept it as it is.
but QTP is giving me an error as " The browser application can't be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong" ; though its opening the Mercury tours website.
I clicked on ok button and did all the other operation. but its recording nothing. I changed the url to 'http://newtours.mercury.com/' but no use.
Can u help?
I havent come across this problem, but I remember looking about it in some place.
Got it, please check this link:
http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...earch=true

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to obtain professional experience in software testing? MiliGupta 0 912 10-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: MiliGupta
  Testing Retail POS software Cesar Pinto 3 1,423 06-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT 12.53 trial version not recognizing its sample flight application login/password NehaRB 2 3,584 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pradeep537
  QTP QC Software version 11.53 kmuvva 1 3,226 06-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Need Concurrenct license on QTP 11 Trial Version register wilsonLiu 4 11,203 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Last Post: shailaja