Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with setting up recovery scenario.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi, I am testing a flex application and get an error popup sometimes.
the title is 'Adobe Flash Player 10' and the text contains a big paragraph describing the error.
I am trying to set up a recovery scenario to press enter when this popup comes up. the popup has 2 buttons 'Dismiss All' and 'Continue'
i have 2 issues:
1. I used the hand pointer in the recov scenario manager to get the popup title. But it doesnt work when i run the test. So I want to set up a regular expression. i tried *Adobe* but it didnt work either.
2. For the actions to be taken, when i use the hand tool to point to continue button it registers as '&Continue'. so i just selected 'click default/enter' option. this doesnt work either.

please help me if anyone has any experience with dealing with such a popup. thanks. any help appreciated.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Pranjal -
First i appreciate you for writing up a detailed issue. This helps anyone wanting to help.

Okay here are few which you can try,

1. Regular expression it this way, .*Adobe.*
2. For the sake of debugging try to manually activate the recovery scenario as, Recovery.Activate(ScenarioName)
3. If none of the above work, you will need to handle the dialog using the code. you can write a function and call it whenever the dialog pops up.

Let me know the results.

-basanth
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Video of a scenario shivangshah 0 1,141 01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: shivangshah
  Default recovery scenario TurtleRock 1 2,810 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  Setting value in a WinObject Ansh123 0 4,175 03-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Ansh123
  Edit Recovery Scenario skegler 0 3,108 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Last Post: skegler
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,129 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima