Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qtp run error
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
hi all;

Im facing a problem using my QTP, i developed a test which run for over 7h after what a run error appears (run error : "action was not found" ) and i can't no longer do anything with qtp even a save. all return wright after qtp restart. i don't know but i think it is a temp memory problem (err :not enougth storage space is available to proceed this command)please if some one know the problem let me know about the solution. thks Smile)
clear the temporary folder and cookies. See if this helps.
hi Ankesh;

thanks for the answer; but the problem persists i have to restart qtp to have the problem disappear and i need a solution without restarting qtp to continue the test. do you have an idea about the origins of the problem ??
Ankesh : a good solution . Smile

I used to follow this for successful execution of all test scripts.
I would like to share one more way:- the restarting of QTP application after execution of 12-15 scripts
Hi,

Since ur script run 4 around 7 hrs , so its better to prepare a function which will delete the tmp files during run time.
Call that function in mid of ur script , it might help u.

Regards,
Sankalp
Similarly, i had object recognition issues with QTP after running the script for more than 2 days continuously. I tried a number of things which dint work.

Finally, i killed explorer.exe process and restarted it which solved the issue Smile

Thanks,
Elango