Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regular expression for window title
Not Solved Sad 
Ankur,
.* (Original Stream) doesn't work for me.I changed the expression in OR with regular expression check box ticked,but still it gives me the same error I mentioned above.I've tried many expressions but its failing.Don't knw y??
Is it failing because I am applying the reg exp on the video names which are added in data table by DDT?Or is it something else?
Plz tell me..
Thanks
Not Solved
I don't see any reason why is it not working.

Make sure that there is NO space between .* and (Original Stream)
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
I tried with no space between .* and (Original Stream),yet its failing.
SAme error is shown everytime,'Cannot identify the object "avenue (Original Stream)" (of class window).Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.'
Don't know what to do..
Not Solved
Thanks Raj and Ankur....I was able to use the regular expression successfully.Actually I had to use smart identification process for that as QTP was identifying the object "avenue (Original Stream)" (of class window),as stated in the error msg above.
Bow its working fine..

Regards,
Test71
Not Solved
Raj/Ankur,
I would like to ask a question reg. this. Why have we used .* in above case & not only * as it is only a string which we have to use reg.exp. for?

Thanks
Not Solved
Hi,

Reason is that for QTP, syntax is .* Only * doesn't work for QTP

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Any digit in xpath path using Regular expression Priyam 1 3,262 10-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Regular expression to read two words in lowercase, uppercase and with and without spa sarahq49 1 3,209 04-09-2015, 01:56 AM
Last Post: sarahq49
  Regular expression and script optimisation Padmavathy 1 3,614 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Regular expression in descriptive programming testernc 1 16,396 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: anshika.agarwal
  need a regular expression. anu05446 0 3,024 11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: anu05446