Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running test on FF2.0 using QTP 9.5
Not Solved
Hi,
I have read relevant posts on this topic in this forum, but none of them had any detailed information about it, hence posting a new thread.
I have recorded test using QTP 9.5 in IE
and I want to run it in Firefox 2.0
I am not able to do so, I am getting error at the first line itself..
My code looks like this:

Code:
Browser("FidelityInvestments:_3").Page("FidelityInvestments:").WebEdit("question").Set "mutual funds"

and I am getting a run error as:

Cannot find the "question" object's parent "Fidelity Investments:_3" (class Browser).
Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.
Line (1):
Code:
"Browser("Fidelity Investments:_3").Page("Fidelity Investments:").WebEdit("question").Set "mutual funds"".

I tried hard to find solution on this, but no luck yet.
If you could help me with this it would be very great...
I have read people being able to run test cases on QTP 9.5 using FF2.0 but havent been able to do so myself

Any help is appreciated
thanks
Not Solved
Two things:
1) Open OR and try to highlight this Object. That will tell you whether QTP is recognizing or not.
2) Second: In the firefox browser, go to Tools > Add Ons...make sure that QTP Addon is enabled
Not Solved
msn123,

Can you use your ObjectSpy and see if the Object Hierarchy for that particular Object is the same in IE and FireFox?
Not Solved
1) QTP does not recognise any object inside the mozilla page... it only recognises the whole page.. under the name MozillaWindowClass
I want to be able to access different objects such as textbox, links etc inside the page
2) I tried tools > Add ons
but how to add QTP there?.... what i did was tried to get extension... but in mozilla page.. there is no extension for QTP.. so was stuck at this...
I had tried both these things earlier
could you tell me specifically.. how to add on QTP in mozilla..
Not Solved
hi, the problem is objectSpy does not recognise objects under mozilla.. so i can not see the hierarchy in FF as i do in IE...
is there any setting required to be done for this to get working ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  issue with IE when running test eiko 2 1,432 02-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: eiko
  Running the test in Firefox automation2012 0 2,052 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Last Post: automation2012
  Qtp10 test not running in Firefox 13 rahullfo 3 3,690 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: vinod123
Exclamation Error in QTP Running shubheksh 5 7,777 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
Toungue QTP Test Parameters scope in QC Test Set bfakruddin 0 2,004 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Last Post: bfakruddin