Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smart identification
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi:

While running a script I get a warning that indicates a smart identification has occurred; Multiple Objects exist and that QTP resolved it. It doesn't always occur at the same step in the test and can move around from run to run. What is causing this to occur? How can I fix it? Or is there a way to ignore the warning?

Thanks in advance.
You need to learn the concept around smart identification... Go through the post on Smart Identification and understand it word by word.

You can then probably answer the question by yourself!
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
+1

Usually, you need to give your object(s) more specific properties so that QTP doesn't need to use smart identification to find it.

If you have 2 objects with the same exact properties, QTP won't know which one to pick and will need to invoke smart identification to see which one you wanted.

If you specify a more specific property(s) for the object you want QTP to select, then QTP will know exactly which object to look at without having to invoke smart identification.

What I usually do is when Smart identificaton occurs, I look at the test results and see which property QTP used to identify that object. Then I go to my object repository and assign that property to that particular object so that next time I run the test, smart identification is not needed. This is a simple example but it isn't always that easy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 849 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  Smart identification is disabled for PSFrame object guruprasadnagarali 3 5,039 08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Last Post: savitripatil
Big Grin Smart Identification asisha 4 12,272 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Rohan
  Smart Identification hofsoc20 0 2,091 02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: hofsoc20
  Smart Id configured but not being used wheelercha 4 3,708 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Last Post: wheelercha