Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trouble with pull down menus and data tables.
Not Solved
I am trying to write a test case where it registers a new user each time it is ran. I set up the test with a global data table to use in each field on the registration form. The problem is that the registration form on the app has pull down menus for state and country. I have columns in my table for that information and I have code that tells QTP what to put in there. this is an example of one line of the code:

Code:
Browser("FindAResident").Page("FindAResident").WebList("state_cd").Select DataTable("STATE_CD", dtGlobalSheet)

When I try to run the test, it hangs on this step and gives me an error that says "Cannot identify the specified item of the state_cd object. Confirm that the specified item is included in the object's item collection."

How do I fix this? I have tried to update the object in the Object Identifier and I am either not doing it correctly, or its not working.
Not Solved
Oh btw, this does work if I write a test that inputs information that is specified directly in the script. But the person is registered each time I run it, so if I want to run the test again, I have to insert a new person with new data. Thought using a data table would be easier.
Not Solved
Dear puralin,
Can you please check the object repository whethe state_cd is there in it.If not you have to add the object.

Regards
Sridhar
Not Solved
Sridhar.

I checked this. The state_cd is located in the object repository.
Not Solved
Hi,
Please Relearn the object state_cd in the object repository and save and run the test.

Regards
Sridhar
Not Solved
Relearn? Do you mean record again?
Not Solved
You have a option in the Object Repository screen ..
Relearn means only you are learning that perticular object from the application.

Regards
Sridhar
Not Solved
Hi,
I mean u have to use Update From Application.
first Highlight the Application and then Highlight the object in the object repository and click on Update From Application Icon.

Regards
Sridahr
Not Solved
OK. I tried that. It didn't work. I think the problems lies with the button you click to get the list. I can't get QTP to reconize that as a separate object.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble Getting UFT to Work with Simplified Chinese hhamilton 2 2,754 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to write a script for fly out menus (Parent - Child - Sub Child) rajkumarsm 3 4,455 09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Web tables dineshreddymca 3 4,260 03-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  How to read data tables in DBVisualizer sqadri 1 2,873 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Having trouble integrating QTP with Ant and a multi-module Adobe Flex application peachy32514 0 4,270 03-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Last Post: peachy32514