Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to write function
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
when trying to write a function,

like when entered Browser( then list of browsers associated in the repository should appear as drop down list to select, but i am not getting anything even though I have all the objects identified.

I am using QTP 10

Please reply
I am assuming you are using a function library because Intellisense does not help you there with OR objects. You can write the function in the "test" file first then c/p to the function library. The issue is the OR is associated to the "action/test" file, not a function library.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply....

Actually I am working with Business components. Application Area and the Function Libraries are already defined...

Can you help me how exactly I have to write functions and associate to the function library?

Thanks in advance..
Ravi
Ok. If your function libraries are already in your Application area, ou should see a list of Library Functions in the Available Keywords tab. If you do not see this tab you can enable it in the "View" menu.
be sure your functions are set to "Public". You should see all your functions and objects in the Available Keywords tab under Functions and Objects.

Intellesense may not be much help. The best it could do would be to list the variable you have defined on your function. VBScript is an old language and anytime you use Descriptive Programming or a variable (all variables are variants) to identify objects, it can't understand how to help you.

I found this application to be better at Intellesense but not worth the cost since it could only be used for development not for debugging or execution.
http://www.patterson-consulting.net/prod...fault.aspx

The best way to handle this issue is to clearly document your code and try to lump similar functions together. Hopefully HP will update their code someday to let us use some of the more advance processes of todays development styles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calling a function in a Test Script from a function library anupam4j 3 5,905 06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Last Post: babu123
  Unable to run script while function is used in script.. mansis 1 2,733 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to write a genecric function for sync operation martinangello 10 7,172 07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Last Post: supputuri