Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
usage of custom dll's
Not Solved
Hello,

I am still very new to QTP, however I am in the following situation:

Our team has programmed an automated UI test in C# and created a DLL containing a method to run this UI test. Now we would like to start this from QTP and get a proper report back to QTP. My code looks as follows:

Code:
Set v = DotNetFactory.CreateInstance("AutoTester", "C:\Projects\AutoTester\AutoTester.dll")

v.runUITest()

Now there is a little problem with loading this dll. It seems as if everything is working, however, when the test finished the dll file is still loaded by QTP. So I cannot delete/override the dll file. The file will only be released when I shut down QTP and restart it.

Is there a way of freeing the dll from within QTP?
"Set v = nothing" does not do the trick :/

I also have a second question (not related to this question):
Is it possible to start the VBScript from above from within HP Quality Center? So that I do not need to install QuickTest Professional?

Best wishes
Christian
Not Solved
Christian,

I think you should just be able to use the v.close() option to close your DLL. I use the close method for lots of other things to close whatever I am using when I am done with it -- especially if I am running it in multiple iterations and need to time the opening and closing...o.O

At my current workplace they have not found a way to run QTP tests without having QTP on the workstation. You could, however, have a virtual workstation...that you access through Vbs that is not on a particular workstation and execute the test from there. In this case, you would not need to have QTP loaded. And there is a whole walk-thru on connecting QTP to QC in the QTP help files, if you need to do that.

Cheers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  telnet usage in qtp? smitapawar610 1 1,215 01-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Last Post: pranalimane
  GWT Add-In usage in UFT 12.51 santhosh kumar 0 1,560 03-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Last Post: santhosh kumar
  How to set value to custom property ? Ranu 0 1,951 11-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ranu
  Custom CheckPoint rajrkodeep 0 3,833 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Last Post: rajrkodeep
  How to get custom formatted date from qtp sailakshmi 4 16,691 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul