Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
value in webedit.set for object disappears
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello all. Just wanted to say what a valuable resource this site has been. We've recently been using quick test pro here and are running into a strange issue and can't figure out what is going on.

QuickTest Version: 9.5
Add-ins installed: ActiveX, Java, Oracle, VisualBasic, .Net, WPF
Broswer: IE6

Basically we have a web application that has a list of names, userids, addresses, etc in columns and a grid field at the top of each data column by which we can filter the data. The grid field controls are actually implemented from Devexpress (devexpress.com) so it's third-party, as opposed to the whole web application itself we are testing which is developed in-house written in .NET

I'm recording a script where I enter in the desired value in the grid filter field, and then the grid updates automatically based on the filter criteria I enter. One thing I'm running into is that when the filter field is set to a certain value for example:

Code:
Browser("browser").Page("app").WebEdit("gridcontrol").Set "mark"
wait(2)

In my script, if a stop is placed by the wait, and then I run the script, I can see in my app as it's running that the criteria "mark" is filled in the grid search field and stays there.

If I take out the stop and run the script from the beginning, I can see the steps automate on my screen, but as soon as it passes the line where "mark" is set, it disappears from the grid field, but I need it to stay because I have other operations to test while the grid is filtered based on "mark"

I've tried the wait/waitproperty method. Tried descriptive programming but not getting anywhere. If anyone has any insight, I would grealty appreciate it.

Thanks
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Instead of .Set try using .Type
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,331 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  How to set a value if webEdit control is disabled? rohit.kum.02@gmail.com 1 3,404 12-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  To retrieve content of a WEBEDIT object alpha1 2 2,410 06-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  ERROR : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Suyashxp 2 6,947 12-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: ursprasadp
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit' Divya Roopa 3 9,689 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: basanth27