Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to run checkpoint on part of cell in datatable
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
So is what I am trying to do:

I have a script that runs an output value to a data table that is "PGY 2." Later on in the script I run a checkpoint on that same value. Problem is the application I am testing only displays the "2" on the page. Its a table, the header is "PGY" and the row says "2." How do I get the checkpoint to take what is in the cell of my datatable and eliminate the "PGY?" I suspect this involves running a regular expression, but I can't seem to figure out how to get this to run correctly.

I have tried clicking the Parameter radio button on the Checkpoint properties box and then telling it to check that cell in the datatable. I have also tried clicking "Regular Expression" on the Parameter Options window, but it doesn't allow me to then enter in an expression. So I am very confused. I even tried an "If...Then" statement, but i can't get that work either.

I am ok with using the Expert View, but bear in mind I am kinda a beginner in that.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Search for web table checkpoint in the top right hand side ,search box.... you will find a post on How to create webtable checkpoints... that may solve your issue.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course