Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test unable to record this step: clicking the first row out of various search results
Not Solved
Hi,

I have a somewhat similar query:

I have been trying to write a script that will do the following:
1. Open Google in IE
2. Search for a string (e.g., testing),
3. Click on Google Search button and then
4. on the search results page clicks on the topmost link.

I have written the following piece of code but am stuck at the step where the script is supposed to click on the topmost link in the search results:

Code:
SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe", "www.google.com"
Browser("title:=Google - Windows Internet Explorer").Page("title:=Google").webedit("name:=q").Set "testing"
Browser("title:=Google - Windows Internet Explorer").Page("title:=Google").webbutton("name:=Google Search").click

Set myLink = Browser("title:=testing - Google Search - Windows Internet Explorer").Page("title:=testing - Google Search").SelectRow 1
wait(2)
myLink.click

Can anyone please help me with the above script?
(By the way, when you try to see the object hierarchy for the links in the search results the Object Spy does not show a Webtable to be part of that hierarchy.)

Thanks,
Neeraj

Messages In This Thread
RE:Test unable to record step: clicking the first row out of various search results - by neerajjain11 - 07-31-2010, 07:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to select value from google search box dropdown +QTP prajyot 0 2,681 06-28-2017, 06:30 PM
Last Post: prajyot
  Searching for and selecting row in Datawindow zsl0009 0 2,688 08-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Last Post: zsl0009
  Search and import data from excel under some rules. nwpulele 2 2,782 02-19-2015, 04:10 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP not clicking on the flex button sudheerch 2 3,450 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: sudheerch
  Clicking command button in accesss form mark_cielos24@yahoo.com 1 3,188 05-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag