Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly odd behavior for QTP
Not Solved
I really appreciate the ideas for things to look at. I did some looking into it, and I have found the following:

1. I have not added any recovery scenarios and none originally existed.
2. I went in and killed every additional service and process on the machine to look at this. My company runs about 10,000 additional processes to monitor everything. I killed every last one that was not system essential. Outside of standard Windows XP services that run, the only other things running are IE and and QTP. I removed Excel from the equation completely by manually setting values for a couple of runs.
3. I have restarted a couple of times. I will see if I can get it uninstalled and reinstalled.

I did notice that killing all of the processes SEEMED (it could just be my imagination) to speed it up slightly. It now takes well under two minutes to do each step. The trouble is that I don't have anything else left to kill. Additionally, I have tried this on two different computers now, and the results have been the same.

I will ask this: is there anything my company could do to either QTP or QC to cause an oddity like this? They have bastardized how QC is used here, so we do not use it in our area. Everything we run is local and no calls are made to QC. However, they are doing some revamping of QC stuff around here, and that just started on Monday. Also, we have the concurrent license setup with a license server. QTP obviously loads if I am getting to running scripts, but could either the work on QC or some sort of odd licensing issue be causing this?

Thanks again for the help!

Messages In This Thread
Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by b01000100 - 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by basanth27 - 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by b01000100 - 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by basanth27 - 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 11.51 + IE 8 strange IE behavior psova 1 2,321 12-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Raj21esh
  How to identify the object when it is dynamically changing behavior venkatbatchu 12 8,472 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: vinod123