Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Multiple Browsers Simultaneously using QTP
Not Solved
Hi,

I have tried with Single For loop also but there was no success . Please find the details of my approach which i had used before using a Single For loop to open browsers and login to application :

My Approach :

It takes the User name and password for the first browser and logs into it , but it does not take the user name and password for the other web browsers .I have stored the user name and password in the data table and using for loop I am logging to the browser. Please find the details below:

Note: It is the same browser which i need to open multiple times using different user name and password.

1) I am opening my multiple browsers with the below concept :

Code:
For i = 0 to var_RowCount

Set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

oIE.visible=true

oIE.navigate "URL"   ------ have provided the url of my web browser

Next

2)Next I am setting the current row of data table in a for loop to traverse through the loop and complete my actions . But it does not allow me to log in to next browsers as it does not take user name and password from the data table (it still shows the focus on first row of data table).I am using below concept for this :

Code:
For i = 0 to var_RowCount

DataTable.SetCurrentRow (i)

Browser("index:=i").Page("title").WebEdit("name:=SWEUserName").Set DataTable("User_Name", dtGlobalSheet)

Browser("index:=i").Page("title ").WebEdit("name:=SWEPassword").Set DataTable("Password", dtGlobalSheet)

Browser("index:=i").Page("title ").Image("name:=Image","repositoryname:=LoginButton").click

wait(10)

Next

Note:
1)How else can I make the focus to the next rows of Datatable other than using DataTable.SetCurrentRow (i) in a for loop.
2)Or how to get the focus to next browsers after logging into first browser.

Regards,
Faisal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opening Multiple Browsers Simultaneously using QTP - by Faisal Rashid - 10-22-2009, 08:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automation Testing On Beta Version of Browsers manmayee 1 1,751 07-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  .Net Framework 4.0 application crashes after opening QTP 11 Deepa William 0 2,475 08-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Deepa William
  QTP11 not correctly identifying the count of open IE8 browsers vaibhavonlearnqtp 0 1,934 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Last Post: vaibhavonlearnqtp
  QTP Scripts run through QC on multiple remote hosts DKHacker 0 3,416 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Last Post: DKHacker
  QTP opens 2 browsers automatically without expectation hoangph 0 2,212 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: hoangph