Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions.
Basanth,

" Details you provided are a mere hypothetical analysis based on assumptions called "Industry Standards". Let me tell you that nobody adopts these standards, in real world everyone follows their own methods and ways."

Agreed so even in your case the details you have provided is your assumptions and might not be facts for everyone.
Every industry and every company works on their own way. e.g. One can not automate testing a MRI scanning machine.

" Capt zack was correct in guiding a CSE graduate towards the automation arena because of the exclusive learning the candidate must have undergone in the course of study. Would you do Phd and work as a Clerk ? Not sure what your choice is but i would think otherwise. "

I have not ever mentioned Mr. Zack is wrong as I said testing is not just learning a tool but learning to test and test efficiently. It definitely requires tools to make testing more efficient.

" Morever let me tell you some facts about Automation Vs Manual from the experiences i have gained through in the industry. "

So facts for you might not be true for every one.

" Take it as a advice from me, Do not live through the illusion of manual testing as one of the greatest achievements you have done. You will soon be sucked towards a "routine" blackhole from which if too late you wont be able to move farther."

As I said my point was not against automation but just scripting without logic to test will make people in blackhole any how.
As a tester one has to learn scripting, database concepts, queries, system programming etc. This will always be an added advantage.

Messages In This Thread
New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions. - by NANI - 02-15-2008, 09:36 PM
RE: New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions. - by Tarik Sheth - 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM