Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
int Q : What if 1 M test cases are given to automate in a day
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
"How Will you approach if 1 million test cases will be given you to automate in a day......."

1) I will look at the test case document first.
2) From the experience, person will be able to get the complexity of the test cases.
3) Say if following is the case , it is simple
Input Expected OutPut/ state
Test case No. Field 1 Field 2 Field 3
1 12 ABC 1
2 14 GHF JHHJH
--- - --- ---- ---------
--- - --- ---- ---------
1 Million ---- --------

Simple parameterization can make it happen. Still i need to find the number of objects involved.
if it is having some good number for which is not possible to do a repository storage then straight away ... it is not possible to automate test cases in one day

If ( no of objects looks fewer and just parameterization and some reusable functions / actions can make it )
{
yes it is possible to automate 1 million test cases in a day with the above test cases format....
( at least looks like i will be able to do it.... :-) )
}
If ( no of objects looks fewer and design does not look simpler )
{
not possible to automate test cases in one day
}

From the experience , having a glance at the doc if test cases looks complex.... one day will be required to understand the test cases itself....
{
this case it is highly impossible to take the automation for atleast week.........
Weeks time will be again dependant on no of resources available.
}

I think question is very vague and only interviwer can explain the expected answer

Messages In This Thread
RE: int Q : What if 1 M test cases are given to automate in a day - by subodh - 12-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many scripts u create in a single day qtptester66523 3 4,071 06-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Vichu M J
  On a typical day what will you do at work and how will you do testing simhadri.rupa 1 3,381 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Last Post: m.sria
  Last day testing ,build fails qtptester66523 1 3,096 06-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: narahari
  How many scripts do you prepare in a day? satishkumarm 4 4,926 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Last Post: deepaksporty