Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to Automate clicking on Menu items
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Thanks for that, i resolved that issue in my click function as i am taking text property and in that i have done one silly mistake i have not make regular expression false, and the text property is having special symbol in it, due to which it was failing.

Yesterday i automated Ajax for my application, and i am very much successful in that but at one case there is a problem as, while the ajax is going on a pop up appears, now qtp is in ajax function waiting to complete but it will not set its status as complete until i pop up is clicked. What i thought is to use timer as well in condition that if the status is not complete then it should wait for that particular seconds in ajax function.

Don't you think with this my scripts will fail if application responds slowly as ajax will not be complete within that time limit.Is there any other best possible approach for that.

I will go through your code today and tree to use the approach where i require. Thanks for helping me.

I am facing one more issue with my Function named verifytextonpage in that i am taking all child objects on page and then i iterate all child objects innertext property to find my string with help of INSTR function but the problem is that the function is slow as it has to iterate no. of times to find the string. Is there is any other way to to that.

I appreciate your help, Thanks once again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Want to Automate clicking on Menu items - by Manan - 09-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to fetch items from WpfList in UFT saurabhkumar_gupta 0 2,286 03-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: saurabhkumar_gupta
  Can't locate items on Win7 Desktop RandomGrin 0 1,981 01-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Last Post: RandomGrin
  QTP not clicking on the flex button sudheerch 2 3,442 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: sudheerch
  Clicking command button in accesss form mark_cielos24@yahoo.com 1 3,186 05-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
  Problem in selecting multiple items in the weblist vijay44 7 17,535 08-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Last Post: gaveyom