Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read XML from Web page...help req..!!
Not Solved
hi i need to read the output from a HTML page which is a XML data and then store the individual values in the DB. Below is the output which i got using "GetROproperty.innertext" of the Web page.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - <RespGetDeck xmlns="http://www.xyz.com"> <Category><CatID>1234</CatID> <CatName><![CDATA[ data ]]> </CatName><CatDisplayName> <![CDATA[ data ]]> </CatDisplayName><CatDescription> <![CDATA[ data - DD - 272 ]]></CatDescription><ServiceName /><Position>1</Position><Icon> <URL /> <MimeType /> </Icon><DeviceIcon><URL /> <MimeType /></DeviceIcon><DisplayDriver>111</DisplayDriver></Category><TotalCount>11</TotalCount><RespMsg><Code>900</Code><Desc>SUCCESS</Desc></RespMsg></RespGetDeck>

There are two problems:
1. I need to remove the extra characters from the XML data like "-" or spaces in tags. However if i view the source of the HTML page its all fine there. So is there a way to get the View Source of the HTML page??
2. While traversing thru the XML m not able to get all the elements. m usin
Set xmlDoc = CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument")"
Is there another way to do that.

Also the hierarchy in XMl data may vary every time in the HTML output so i need to write a genric function so that i can traverse thru the nodes,childnodes,attributes and store them.

Thanks in Advance..

Messages In This Thread
Read XML from Web page...help req..!! - by rishi345 - 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to read the data from excel and set read value in the JavaTable rajeevk7 0 2,174 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: rajeevk7
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,707 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,789 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind
  Cannot find the "[ WebButton ]" object's parent "[ Page ]" (class Page) sumitparolkar@gmail.com 4 4,777 05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
  How to test a Web page Monica Soneja 3 3,305 04-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Last Post: basanth27