Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly odd behavior for QTP
Not Solved Question 
Hello everyone,

I started to run a script yesterday, but it decided to act strangely. This script worked perfectly on Wednesday of last week. In fact, it has worked just fine for more than a year. It is a very simple script that does the following:

1. Imports some data from Excel.
2. Navigates to a particular page to run insurance re-illustrations
3. Saves the output for verification

So here is the strange behavior I am seeing.

First, on the data import, it will only allow for a manual import. I am using DataTable.ImportSheet. I was passing in the file's name, the name for the source sheet, and the name for the destination sheet. All worked perfectly for all that time. Now, though, when it runs, the importing of the sheet does not import. If I debug and import the sheet manually, the script will then start running again.

Next, while the script will continue running after the manual importing of the sheet, problems arise at the first set of commands. The very first command is to do a Browser.Navigate to the page I need to start the run. That is followed by a couple of clicks on links on that page. Here is where the strangest behavior is. If I let it run, it will sit on each step for nearly two minutes and then execute the step. It will do this for every step in the script. However, if I pause the script, it will perform that step, move to the next step and pause. If I then click the Run button, it will sit there again. Yet again, if I pause and run it, the steps will execute immediately. If I let it run by itself, each step will sit there for minutes.

Any ideas on either of those? Literally nothing has changed between last week and this week (other than I am older and more frustrated Big Grin). I am the only person that uses the machine it is on. That machine has received no new updates, and I swear I am doing everything the same way I have always done it. I could be missing something, though. I would appreciate any ideas you might have!

Adam

QTP version: 10.00.0.0 build 513
IE version: 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3qfe.130503-0418CO
Excel version: 2007

Messages In This Thread
Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by b01000100 - 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by basanth27 - 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by b01000100 - 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Suddenly odd behavior for QTP - by basanth27 - 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 11.51 + IE 8 strange IE behavior psova 1 2,316 12-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Raj21esh
  How to identify the object when it is dynamically changing behavior venkatbatchu 12 8,465 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: vinod123