Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Webelement Value
Not Solved
Hello all. I am trying to work on a practice project.
I am working with finance.yahoo.com I have the following code
Code:
systemutil.Run "iexplore.exe","finance.yahoo.com"

Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").WebEdit("html tag:= INPUT","type:=text","name:=s","value:=Enter Symbol").Set "NFLX"

Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").WebButton("html tag:= INPUT","name:= Look Up","type:= Submit","Value:=Look Up","html id:=btnQuotes").Click

After this I am trying to get the outertext value from the Last Closing Price, which is an webelement and the biggest text size.
Now my questions...if the webelements dynamic I can get the value using hard coded property values. However I have a whole bunch of stock symbols I am reading in from excel which is within a for loop. And the required property values for the webelement chages with every iteration of the for loop. So how do I deal with this?
Webtable will not work as this webelement is not within a webtable. If it was, I would simply use getcelldata.
I am also attaching a file with a little description.
PS I am practice with Static Descriptive programming as of right now.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Dynamic Webelement Value - by Novemberrain81 - 08-26-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: Dynamic Webelement Value - by GregHicks - 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Dynamic Webelement Value - by Parke - 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to identify a Dynamic WebElement? PreethiJoshi 1 5,170 05-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Identifying radio buttons with same html ID but dynamic webelement properties manishac 12 12,985 05-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Last Post: manishac
  unable to extract dynamic object values-webelement object naniblr9 1 3,076 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Last Post: basanth27