Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QTP/UFT 12.02 recording question .Page vs .SAPPortal
Solved: 8 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
We recently upgraded to QTP/UFT 12.02 and started using the new tool.
We have an SAP program that is accessed via our SAP Portal, and when I record a script I get a script that cannot be shared with the other user of the program. And if he records a script, I cannot run it.

Here is what is recorded when I am logged in:
Code:
Browser("Task Management - Enterprise").SAPPortal("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").SAPEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

When the other user is logged in this is what gets recorded
Code:
wser("Task Management - Enterprise").Page("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").WebEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

We have the QTP/UFT set to use WEB and SAP add-ins.
I have attempted to change up and use different combinations of the add-ins to see if I could find a solution to our problem. No luck so far.

We log into the same PC (Where the QTP/UFT program is installed) and we have checked to see if there were different permissions or authorizations set, but we both seem to be setup the same way.

I did make a change so that when I started recording I was seeing the Browser().Page()... in the recording, but when I got down to a table view It stopped recording the screen.

Has anyone seen a similar issue with .Page and .SAPPortal?

I have been searching this wonderful forum, and the web, for over a week now. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
QTP/UFT 12.02 recording question .Page vs .SAPPortal - by LG.Campbell - 08-26-2015, 07:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A tricky QTP Question Prabhakar 12 9,893 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: krr