Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions.
(04-17-2009, 02:00 PM)tariksheth@gmail.com Wrote: Hi NANI,

I do not fully agree with Cpt.Zack because of the following reasons.

1. It is important to know the concepts and develop good understanding on the skills like performance testing, vb scripting, etc.
2. In an organization if there are 500 employees then as per the industry standard
Management:30
Devlopers: 350+
QA Manual testing: 100
QA Automation: 25
Performance tester: 10

You can see manual testing is always on the higher side of value creation to the project.
Moreover Testing it self is an art and not just test case execution
Tools and scripting are learnable skills so if you have understanding of any programming language it will help but if you do not have testing skills then it wont help you to grow.

Some people treat manual testing as aboring and not so recognized task but believe me it is the most important part of the software life cycle after development.

Again growth prospect depends on the organization and individual and not the skill/ technology that one is working.
People who say Manual testing is not so good are the people who do not understand the testing craft.
My advise to you is Just do not be a tool smith but be a skilled tester.

Chekout following Links:
http:// www.satisfice.com/kaner/
http://www.satisfice.com/blog/
http://testertested.blogspot.com/

Mr. TarikSeth -
Capt Zack was simply trying to help Nani out with the ideas. Details you provided are a mere hypothetical analysis based on assumptions called "Industry Standards". Let me tell you that nobody adopts these standards, in real world everyone follows their own methods and ways.

Capt zack was correct in guiding a CSE graduate towards the automation arena because of the exclusive learning the candidate must have undergone in the course of study. Would you do Phd and work as a Clerk ? Not sure what your choice is but i would think otherwise.

Morever let me tell you some facts about Automation Vs Manual from the experiences i have gained through in the industry.

Manual testing looks great at the begining but automation comes out from the wild to replace it finally. You cannot replace entire manual testing team but the chances of cut down of a manual team due to automation is 100%.

Lets look at automation. A automation team is always planned with the machine's efforts and minimal workforce. Everyone today operates more towards elimination of man efforts and consumption of more machine efforts.

Take it as a advice from me, Do not live through the illusion of manual testing as one of the greatest achievements you have done. You will soon be sucked towards a "routine" blackhole from which if too late you wont be able to move farther.

- Basanth
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Messages In This Thread
New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions. - by NANI - 02-15-2008, 09:36 PM
RE: New To S/W Testing. Need suggestions. - by basanth27 - 08-11-2009, 12:09 PM