Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to Automate clicking on Menu items
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Thanks for that, but i used that approach only to click on objects and it is working fine for me for other objects but for some it is not working.

Please clarify few thing:

Scenario 1:
Before recording i set the Options in Object Identification window as Web--->Links----> Html tag, text, index and when i recorded that it recorded the value as: A,Add,none when i run that it clicked. but when i use DP with that parameters it failed. Then i thought to add more properties in O.R and clicked on add button i realized that value for other properties are already recorded by QTP although i have set only 3 parameters from Object identification window.

Is this possible that QTP is using combination from those properties as well to click on that object and i m using only html tag, text and index that is why it is failing. Please clear this.

Scenario 2:
When i set only ordinal identifier in object identification window for web--> link and recorded the click event on that object then it showed me its index value as 6 and no other property as i have set only index option in object identification.

and when i done DP only with index value it clicked. but when i used index value with other properties like text in DP it failed again.

I have taken Text,Html Tag, index as properties for all links and i want it to be consistent otherwise i have to take some properties for one link and others for other links.Objects for which it showed None after spying as ordinal identifier i used index as 0 for those.Please help me.

Just to know is there any way by which At run time i can verify the object below and object after, the object under test so that always right object is identified at run time.

Thanx

Messages In This Thread
RE: Want to Automate clicking on Menu items - by Manan - 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to fetch items from WpfList in UFT saurabhkumar_gupta 0 2,286 03-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: saurabhkumar_gupta
  Can't locate items on Win7 Desktop RandomGrin 0 1,981 01-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Last Post: RandomGrin
  QTP not clicking on the flex button sudheerch 2 3,442 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: sudheerch
  Clicking command button in accesss form mark_cielos24@yahoo.com 1 3,186 05-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
  Problem in selecting multiple items in the weblist vijay44 7 17,535 08-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Last Post: gaveyom