Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After running about 70-80 transactions QTP and the browser hangs and stops running.
Not Solved
Basanth,

Thanks for your response. Part of the problem I had was that when QTP would hang, the results file would get lost so I never really new exactly where it was hanging. I created a trace funtion which I called periodically throughout the code.

After tracing the code through several runs I noticed the following:
1. failure would occur at different locations, but not consistantly.
2. failures always orrcurred when invoking a function on a web element, such as 'click' or 'rowCount'.
3. Although QTP would invoke my recovery function at the failure point, it usually doesn't restart my application (an attribute of my recovery function).

I don't think it is a memory issue. I am using 2 identical laptops, except one has 1 Gb and the other has 2 Gb - I have more problems with the 2 Gb laptop failing.

Therfore, I am guessing that this is a race condition problem with the browser. That would explain the insconsistancy in failure locations, but with the consistancy that it always fails on a webelement function. It might even explain why the 2 Gb machine fails more - better QTP performance may have more frquent contentions with the browser.

I added a few wait statments at the most common failure locations and the script runs much better now. I hate adding wait statements - its programming for the worst case and still isn't full proof. I have struggled with synchroniztion between QTP and my Web app. I don't know if there are issues with web apps that use '.net'.

Thanks,
George
Not Solved
Absolutely. QTP has several Sync Issues with .NEt objects and other than a counter based while loop or WaitProperty it is impossible to sync it up.

Well, specific to the discussion, Can you post the function which you are using to click the webelement and the way you are calling the function on to your action ?

Also, i would be intrested to know during the hangup is there any window or a pop-up which comes up in the application ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,055 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  Scripts stops after performing a step when it has been initiated by schedule task. Ajit.2k6 9 5,573 02-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: lakshman.us
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,806 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  Running QTP scripts without QC sowjanya 3 5,927 07-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Fireevent ondblclick hangs QTP until window is closed Andor 2 1,860 06-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Andor