Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate ways to input data
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi All

Part of my application, requires a user to input a lot of parameters to create a process and each process is to be created with different set of data. I tried to parametrize the application by inserting the data in the data table. But to input/change data every time into the data table to create a process is time consuming. Can someone please suggest if there is an alternative way to do this.
Thanks in advance.
not clear with req, if you need dynamic data at each run means, use random number or build random string string or whatever data type need.
If it is specific type of data that the application accepts then you cannot escape entering data into data table or excel.If else you can randomize or concatenate
Thanks for the suggestions.
The page of my application which needs data to be inputted, has a combination of weblists (it also has weblist inside a weblist), web radio group, webcheckboxes, webedits etc. To create a process, I need to select data from each of these weblists, web radio groups, webcheckboxes and I cannot skip any of these to create a process. Each time, I create a new process, I have to input/change new data into the datatable.
Thanks in advance.
Create test data file(excel) once at script design stage for all possible combination to create a process and use it at run time.
Thanks for the reply.
But is it advisable to create an excel file if we have very large sets of data because each web list in my application have 7-8 items and some of the web lists have same items in them. I have to select an element/item from a weblist, webcheckbox, webradio group etc to create a process.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Yes, U can come up with heavy data for excel. Use all permutation & combination to get different data that ur application needs.

Regards,
Sankalp
Thanks everyone for your replies.
Creating combinations of data did not work in my case, so I had to opt for the data table method for entering data.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard input in script Anurag Tygai 1 2,607 12-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  XML input data validation with data in oracle tables using webservice smtripathi99 0 2,236 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Last Post: smtripathi99
  Ways to perform extraction AAB 4 3,832 06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Size limit to property-value input? dennis 0 2,304 02-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Last Post: dennis
  Clear input field before entering text janriis 1 5,661 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Last Post: basanth27