Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associate two recovery scenarios for a test in QTP
Not Solved
Is this possible for a test to have multiple recovery scenarios and the test has to trigger through specific recovery basing on the condition.

Here is the brief demonstration of it.

I have a piece of code which causes my script to fail (as it is known issue… I cant handle this through the script(constraint) ) I have written a recovery scenario(RS1) and it triggered properly when any error arises. Later I enhanced my script to capture my error which QTP throws during run time and depending on the error I want script to trigger recovery scenario (RS2). Is that possible …? (I have associated both the recoveries to the test…What I observed is it is running both the recovery scenarios whenever any error arises in the script).

One more doubt is how does ‘recovery scenarios’ differ from the ‘When error occurs during run session: Proceed to next step’
Not Solved
Hi Venkat,
You can add multiple recovery scenarios to your test and if the event specified in the RS matches with that during runtime, the specific RS would be executed.

"Proceed to next step" is an option for ignoring an error condition and proceeding with the next statement in the script.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need various scenarios for DP for testing a dynamic web application srv321 0 1,847 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Last Post: srv321
  Recovery Scenarios bfakruddin 2 2,650 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bfakruddin
  Test Error Handling scenarios and create an Error Log file which document the step wh test123 0 2,526 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Last Post: test123