Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automate Manual scripts
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi,

Are manual scripts nothing but test cases?Pls let me know how a manual script looks like and how can i automate the manual scripts?

Thanks a lot!
Sudha
Hi Sudha,
Yes, manual scripts nothing but test cases.
You can choose a automation tool that best suite to your application and try recording or expert writing code using that tool to automate the existing test cases, so that when you can click on the run button with the automated script opened in the automation tool, it should perform all those steps which you do now manually.
Manual Test Scripts are not Nothing but every thing Smile
Yes you can say manual scripts include test cases, basically the test flow for a particular functionality testing in your AUT.
you can also treat it as your primary specification for the automation scripts.

You will need to use a best suitable tool for your AUT in order to automate your manual scripts. then automate each step in your manual script depending on various this your tool's architecture, framework, scripting language etc.

you will need to research more on Software Testing Basics to get things more clearer.

Thank u for ur prompt reply!
Thanks for ur reply...Got it now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,840 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  Playback causes different behavior than manual RandomGrin 1 1,817 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: elango87
  I am unable to Automate Siebel scripts with QTP coolsrikkanth 1 2,210 10-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Ankur
Smile How to Run my QTP sequencially with out manual handling? KrishnaChandana 2 2,354 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Last Post: swarnavure