Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automate Typeahead objects in Web application with QTP 10
Not Solved
Hi,
I need to automate the the type ahead feature in the web application(that I am currently working on). The QTP 10v is being used for the same. Basically when I enter some data in an webedit object, the sugesstions related to it appears under it. It is been identified as a webtable for each item appearing in that list.

Any suggestions will be great.
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

Can you provide some inputs on it? I am currently reading the web extensibilty PDF file for the same.
Not Solved
Hello Guys,

i am also stuck in the same problem.. did you get a solution for typeahead feature testing???
Not Solved
what is the issue on its identified as web table?. if you want validate the type ahead feature means, just get all row web table cell content and compare with expected values.
Not Solved
Hi,

Please try this:

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wait (1)
WshShell.SendKeys "<your search sting>"
wait(1)
Set WshShell = Nothing
wait 4
Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebElement("innertext:=test","index:=1").Click
wait 2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,617 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  Can we automate installation testing using QTP uma.kasarla@gmail.com 0 806 06-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: uma.kasarla@gmail.com
  Facing a problem while identifying Angular JS objects in a web page vangasantosh 0 1,106 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: vangasantosh
  QTP 11 could not identify web application manik 1 1,802 01-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  UFT 12 unable to recognize the objects of a java based application (jre - 1.7.0_65) Sushant Dasgupta 2 8,949 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sushant Dasgupta