Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automating QC to execute QTP scripts on mutiple hosts
Not Solved
Hello,
scenario: Need to run a test script on 5000 machines, its kinda regression testing.
The 5000 workstations are located in different cities but are all in the same domain and are accessible remotely via RDP.
All the workstations have QTP installed on them. LoginId has admin rights to all the machines.
Have installed QC Remote Agent, QC QTP Addin on all the workstations.
Wondering if I can use QC to run the scripts remotely on these machines.
But the issue was how to add the 5000 hosts(ip addresses) dynamically in the QC to invoke QTP scripts on other machines after completing on one machine.
Is it possible to use tables of QC, how do I use the OTA API here, as I'm new using that.

Highly appreciate your help.
Not Solved
On the TestLab you will see a option called Host Manager. Left hand pane of the host manager has all the machines in the domain. Click on "GetNet" to obtain the latest machines in the domain.Check if you have the machines you are looking for. It should be there and you can do a ctrl select and hit on the right arrow to add them to a host group.

have you tried this already ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,046 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  How to execute a UFT script when computer is in locked state akilamurugesh 4 12,534 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: akilamurugesh
  allow HP products check box option automating vinni 0 1,998 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: vinni
  Need to execute the QTP Script where QTP is not installed. prasannadr 0 2,233 06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: prasannadr
  Automating Objective c++ Application QtpDoubts 2 4,433 05-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123