Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can we Use QTP to test GUI for rockwell HMI
Not Solved
Hi All

I am very new to QTP and I want to evaluate QTP software for testing the FactoryTalk HMI software for rockwell PLC(Programmable Logic controller).
I tried doing some POC on the same , when I am using object spy to capture buttons present on GUI it is recognised as winobject only which according to me is QTP is not able to recognise object.
Also FactoryTalk HMI software is based on .net framework.
Any help is much appreciated.
Not Solved
First which version of QTP you are using. Then next thing is do you installed .Net addin of the QTP Version you are using. Do these steps and report me back so that I can proceed for finding a solution for your problem
Not Solved
I am using QTP(UFT)version 12 on windows 7. I have installed .net addin while installing QTP.
While browsing through net i got information that I may need to install stingray/netadvantage addin as well. From where should I get these addins? also will these addins wii be helpful?
Not Solved
I have installed all the dafault addins while installing QTP on the machine. However I was not able to find stingray addin in the default list while installing .
Is it possible that as I am using the evaluation version of UFT I dont have access to all the addins available in the default list?
Not Solved
it may be due to evaluation version of the application i think so
Not Solved
I take back my words. With UFT 12 stingray addin is present by default. I installed it .However with stingray addin also I am not able to detect HMI objects.
Thanks for the help anyway!
Not Solved
In continuation with my question do i need to use any other addin or .net apart from .net addin?
what all addins i should check if the application is build on .net??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 847 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,331 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
Sad Empty Server description SAP GUI 7.20 with QTP11 sylvester618 2 4,565 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Ankur
Smile How to Select GetROproperty value in GUI sangitarm 2 4,398 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
  Problem with SAP GUI Button inside SAPGuiGrid manishnangalia 14 14,434 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Last Post: manishnangalia