Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the Default location for test results when using Test Batch Runner tool
Not Solved
Hi All,

I'm having a problem when using the Test batch runner tool provided with QTP to run my tests sequentially.

My problem is that the test results are always saved in the TEMP folder and I need those results to be saved in its default test results folder like (<test folder>\res#\report). But I can't force the Test batch runner tool to do so.

Or is there anything I should do from within QTP to do this?

I have tried playing around with all the Test Setting >> Run tab options as well as Options >> Run tab but in vain.

So could someone help me on this?

Thanks.
Not Solved
If I understand your issue correctly, you need all the run results in a specified folder.

At the time of Running the script QTP asks about where to store the results.
You can have that set in the folder that is specified.

Attached is the screen which you can use for storing the results.
Not Solved
Hi Pointguard,

As per you request, i think you might have to write some user defined functioned to store result in particular folder, that helps you, so whenever you run your batch it automatically store your all result in particular folder.

Thanks
Mahesh
Not Solved
Hi Tarik,

My problem is that when I run tests using Test batch runner tool, QTP doesn't ask me about the location for the results as in the case when running from within QTP, and for some reason it sets the default test results location to the TEMP folder. So my question is how can I change this default behaviour?

Hi Mahesh,

Could you please elaborate more on this by passing me some code snippets on how to write those user defined functions? That would be very helpful.

Thank you so much for your quick replies :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT Parallel Runner raa 0 1,376 12-24-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: raa
  Changing Data in the application newbieny 0 694 07-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Last Post: newbieny
  How to test if application logout randomly ab4abhisek 1 1,252 09-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Attaching Data source to UFT API test kul20 1 1,854 07-15-2018, 06:11 PM
  Test fails as soon as IE browser opens Saavi 1 910 05-24-2018, 09:49 PM