Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkpoints and Object Repository
Not Solved
I am finding myself confussed.

I built a CloseAllWindows, Login, and App scripts. I built a LibraryCTE to hold my functions. I added each Repository the the LibraryCTE and App scripts. I call each function from a seperate script. But I never seem to be able to keep my OR staight as my checkpoints all fail in my LibraryCTE script.

I went through each page and created the Learrn&Navigate(F6) of all pages. I created a tsr file called CTE.tsr with all of mr OR stuff and linked it to my LibraryCTE

Can I start over creating a new repository (im not sure if I have everyhthing or not). Any hints on doing this?

When new objects are touched, my Local repository seems to get the objects added to it. How can I add these new found objects to my CTE.tsr repository and not the Local repository?

thx to anyone ;-)
Not Solved
Here you said you have added OR to Library. how do you add OR to Library.
You should avoid using QTP checkpoints as its not always reliable. Insted you should use GetROProperty to check any object.

New object are always added to your local OR you can copy them to your shared CTE.tsr or open CTE.tsr in Object Repository manager and add objects here.

Not Solved
Jay,

I thought I had already had responded to your post. Sorry, I do not know whqat I did wrong to loose my post.

I went to each page and crerated a seperate repository and then copied each OR to a different folder name inside a single OR called Repository.tsr. Now each page has it's own section (before all links) were being copied into the same folder "Wisdom CTE" and sometimes into a different folder ie "Wisdom CTE_1" ...ETC.

Now, if I create a new script, how can I force it to use my OR Repository.tsr without it placing everything into the Local.tsr folder?

Will my old scripts need to be modified to use the new OR structure?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,474 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,445 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,971 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,640 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard