Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkpoints in QTP with Oracle Add-In
Not Solved
Hello !
I've a very strange problem with QTP.
I use QTP 9.2 with Oracle 8.2 Add-In
I start QTP with Web & Oracle Add-Ins enabled.
I start Oracle Applications (The application I want to test, that is a java applet)
When I record my test everything is OK, the generated source code looks like this :
Code:
With OracleFormWindow("Oracle Applications")
    .OracleTextField("Username").Enter "Mathias"
    .OracleTextField("Password").Enter "Mathias"
    .OracleButton("Connecter").Click
End With
In the Object Repository, the objects related to the code are "Oracle Forms Objects".
As you can see, QTP is able to recognize and parse multiple levels in the Oracle Application Applet structure (The form window, then the Textfield etc.)
For the moment, everything's OK.
Then I want to add a "Standard Checkpoint" to my test.
QTP opens the "Object Spy".
I want to check the value of a textfield located in the Oracle Applucation Applet
[Image: qtpckja4.jpg]
As you can see, QTP is not able to recognize the targeted object and its hierarchy. It stops on GlassMouseGrabProvider$Proxy.
In fact, it recognize Oracle Applications as a "Java Object" instead of an "Oracle Forms Object".
Do you know if it's possible to configure QTP so as to use the "Object Spy" and "Checkpoints" in Oracle Applications ?
Thanks a lot

Mathias
Not Solved
I've reinstalled QTP and Oracle Add-In.
Now the "Object Spy" can see all the Object hierarchy, not only the first Object. But I still can't use the "Object" Property for my QTP test objects.
I believe there is a solution (by deactivating Oracle add-in, activating Java add-in...) but this hasn't solved my problem.
The Java add-in alone allows me to use "Object" Property on new recorded objects, but not on Oracle objects recorded with the Oracle add-in.

The biggest problem is that, in "Record mode", QTP recognize "Oracle Objects", but in "Repository Add mode", or with the "Object Spy", the objects recognized are "Java", not "Oracle".
Not Solved
Hi,

This happens sometimes that if you close the Oracle application window and opened from the Oracle Responsibility window sometimes the object properties varies from oracle to jave, Usually if you have oracle Addin and still you have problem the try to request the patch QTPORACLE82P6107.exe
and one more thing instead of using object spy why dont you use the Object repository to add the object, Try to add all objects to object reporsitory then it will get stored as oracl form window etc then associate this object repository to your test then it will recognizes easily
dont disable the oracle addin since if you want to work on oracle application oracle addin is must...

Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting to oracle DB with QTP rajendra649 2 26,413 12-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Anita2020
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,480 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  QTP 11 - Oracle Forms objects not recognised WarrenRay 0 2,992 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WarrenRay
  QTP recognizing Oracle forms as Java objects shankar.srini88 0 4,393 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: shankar.srini88
  Query about checkpoints pkdhake 5 3,467 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: vinod123