Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child object of webtable not identified
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,
I am trying to retrieve all webelement objects existing in webtable of a webpage and I could do that using DP without any issues. The issue is in object identification when worked on same object which is recorded in OR instead of using DP.
The following works fine because that’s how QTP recorded the click action:
Browser(“ “).Page(“ “).Link(“ “).Click

But the given below code throws an error:
Code:
Browser(“ “).Page(“ “).WebTable(“ “).Link(“ “).Click

I have manually added WebTable just to check that whether QTP can recognize the object or not as Link is residing inside webtable but QTP neither recorded it that way in kewword view not its showing it under parent webtable in OR.
Please guide
Thanks,
Hi,

I could not find any difficulties with the scenario that you have explained. I just checked now by taking Gmail as AUT.
Find the below code and let know if you are looking for something different.
Code:
'Define new test in OR SignIn button with name property and value "Sing In"
Browser("Gmail: Email from Google").Page("Gmail: Email from Google").WebButton("SignIn").Highlight
'Step 1: Added table with column names property and value  "Sign in with your  Account"
'Step 2 : Define new test in OR SignIn button with name property and value "Sing In" under the webtable parent.
Browser("Gmail: Email from Google").Page("Gmail: Email from Google").WebTable("Test").WebButton("SignIn").Highlight
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Thanks for trying that out!!!
You correctly figured out the problem.
I also tried the same thing using GMail as AUT and it worked without any issues. I think it might be the AUT which is an intranet application, could have caused some trouble. I will try again on that and let you know if it does not work.

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SwfTreeview - Color validation for child item YogeshCallappa 0 2,065 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  Driver Script to control child scripts sumanhyd 1 2,964 07-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 1 2,394 06-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 0 1,646 05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: korunu
  Object identified despite having no information mjt 1 1,906 09-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Last Post: mjt