Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common issues while execution of scripts across multiple browsers that are supported.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Exclamation 
I wanted to know,
1. what are the common issues or points(apart from browser compatibility) we need to consider while we try to automate an Web Application and execute them across IE 6, IE 7, IE 8 and FireFox.?
2. How can we handle them?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
You will have to concider tabbed browsing which is available in IE7 and IE8 and not in IE6.QTP does not like tabbed browsing. other than this the major change in all three versions of IE is that change in the titile of dialog boxes. This can be taken care of with regular expression. also there are changes in some of the controls for IE8 like web file control which is not editable in IE8.

To add Further, QTP 9.5 Supports Tabbed Browsing. There is nothing like QTP "does not like". Its just that the feature is not supported.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Basanth - I understand that this is bit older post, if you allow me I would like to be clear on this. When I say 'QTP does not like' that does not mean that you can not use, it has never being said that you can not work with that. It is not supported and we can say QTP does not like(i.e not recommended), isn't it? .. avoid using Tabbed browsing. There are things which QTP does not like, tabbed browsing is one of them. but yes, definitely there are other ways of doing such things.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Saket -
Agreed. Intentionally i just wanted to awaken you with the prospects of the other side of QTP. There is a undocumented feature of qtp with several operations which can be carried out using the tool. What i meant to tell you is, your quick shot reply may mislead the actual usage of the tool.

Neverthless, you did not make any wrong suggestion but i wanted you to know that it is the user who wants to tweak the tool to his convienence. The tool has no choice in this matter.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Great, Thanks man

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automation Testing On Beta Version of Browsers manmayee 1 1,716 07-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Issues while uft script execution AAB 4 4,501 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP11 not correctly identifying the count of open IE8 browsers vaibhavonlearnqtp 0 1,930 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Last Post: vaibhavonlearnqtp
  QTP Scripts run through QC on multiple remote hosts DKHacker 0 3,405 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Last Post: DKHacker
  QTP opens 2 browsers automatically without expectation hoangph 0 2,201 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: hoangph