Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatability testing of browser using QTP
Not Solved
Hi All,

We have requirement. I need to test the application od IE, Firefox,Safary and Crome. When I open the application in Firefox or crome, the objects(like image, button, links) position will get changed as compared to when it opened in IE. It happens for some pages and for some builds.

I want to develop a script/test cases to identify that all the objects(like image, button, links) display in proper position.

How can I do it. I tried for taking the image as bitmap and compare two images. But some how I come to know that this not proper one bcz it will work always.

Is there any methods to test in QTP 9.5 or 10. And is there any tool to test this kind of scenarios in market?

your help is appreciated

Regards
Raj
Not Solved
Hi RajaSekhar,

Infact QTP is a functional regression testing tool which could not be used for UI testing but the issue which u were telling is changing the position interms of x and y coordinates if this is ur requirement then you first finalize the which browser it is displaying as expected then have the coordinates for that object then fetch the coordinnates from the browser u wnt to compare so that if there is any mismatch in the position it will let u know that object is not positioned properly.

To fetch the coordinates from the object u could go with properties like x,y,abs_x,abs_y

Please let me know if you need any clarification

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu
Not Solved
Hi Venkat,
Thanks for the reply. I even thought of the same idea. I can take the IE as reference browser and take the x,y co-ordinates. But we have lot of objects and it is not that easy to take x,y co-ordinate and compare.

Please suggest me if you have any other ideas

Regards,
Raj

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify t Divya Roopa 1 8,285 03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: devarapallliramana