Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating 'n' files
Not Solved
Hey all,

I have recorded a script which creates a file in my app but now I need to make approx 2500 such files (same content just diff name is only requirement). Is it possible to add in 'n' amount of runs before the script ends?

Thanks!
Not Solved
Yes, That is possible through different ways. either you can run you test on multiple iterations or you can put in a loop to do so.
would like to see your code if this is possible for you.

Not Solved
Ya its in the middle of a create function so just pulled out the particular piece for files. If you want any of the other functions can let me know. I removed the company name also, hope this is not an issue.

Attached Files
.txt   createFileFunc.txt (Size: 2.64 KB / Downloads: 73)
Not Solved
this a bit difficult for me understand it properly as thery are reference of other functions too. does this function itself creates the file for you,
or can yuou please point exactly where the new files has been creating.
In that case you should put this function in a for loop till number of times you want to create the file.
let me know if this works for you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP Should open files(say txt files) it can be n number from a folder. Shiv Y 1 2,524 12-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mlkrqtp
  Creating Random String SomeIntern 0 4,771 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: SomeIntern
  Problem in creating excel object kriday 1 2,200 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Creating multiple lines under a header - SAP Fredodo 7 5,317 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Saleel Prabhu
  Creating an object via Function Library riechan 5 4,910 06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Last Post: sshukla12