Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't recognise parent window during playback
Not Solved
Hi,

Probably an easy one, (I hope), for those familiar with QTP.

I am trying to record an application, on a machine based in Europe, on a remote machine, using QTP. We usually use VuGen but none of the protocols match.

I can launch said application using SystemUtil.Run but I it won't playback the user account input - as it doesn't seem to recognise the objects within the logon window screen. I have checked all objects and they seem to be okay so I'm not sure why I'm getting the message "Cannot identify the object "diasoft" (of class WinObject). Verify it matches display on screen". I can checkpoint the window successfully but it doesn't recognise checkpoints for the input fields, (input fields are: username, password, ok and cancel).

Any ideas how I can diagnose if the input field objects belong to the window.

Any advice appreciated.

P.S. I'm a novice !!!
Not Solved
Hi,

I was having similar kind of problem in one of my Projects.
That was due to the .net addins for QTP not installed on the machine.

Just check if you have installed these addins and then try to recognize those objects again.Hope so this will solve your problem.
Not Solved
We are running version 9.1 - the only plugins to select are ActiveX, Visual Basic and Web. I assume I need a patch to get more add-ins ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Chooser on Chrome doesn't work - UFT 15.0.1 Nenna Rosa 1 3,306 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Object doesnot recognise lakshmikanth 0 988 12-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: lakshmikanth
  How to get the links which appears on mouse hover of parent link rajendra649 9 34,832 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: satish00k
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,942 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  Inserted WebEdit value is not sticking in UFT during playback priyaUFTlearner 3 2,935 04-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Last Post: priyaUFTlearner