Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic variable in link call
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I want to pass in variable in to link name click call. I am entering below which doesnt work. Can anyone tell me syntax for achieveing intended click:
Code:
Function EnableUser (Firstname, Lastname)

Browser("Client Login").Page("User Management").Link("All Users").Click     
'above works
Browser("Client Login").Page("User Management").Link(Lastname, Firstname).Click     
'above doesn't work

End Function

Many Thanks
-Rahul
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
When you spy for a name is that how it looks like? "Lastname, First name"
or Lastname, Firstname?
you probably would need to pass the object property for indentification when you are trying to parameterize your value.
For eg:
Code:
Link("All Users") is a object stored in your Object repository.
Link("name:=Lastname,firstname") is a descriptive object which is created during run time.
name is the property and Lastname, firstname is its value. If you spy and check the object properties you will get a better idea.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to click on a dynamic link on a website Geekgirl 3 4,228 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Jay
Question Dynamic Link which opens in new window Help starscream 6 6,279 08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Last Post: suresh vasu
  To Delete Dynamic Link Present in a WebTable sheikadil15 0 2,310 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Last Post: sheikadil15
  how can I store a string with variable in it, in another variable? reejais 4 4,297 11-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Last Post: smeepaga