Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors/Warnings due to mouse movement during system locked
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
When we are scheduling a job/QTP program to run, its throwing some errors/warnings because the system is locked and the QTP is not able to click on the popup window.

Note: Code is running fine during system online and also we have already made the registry value changes for running the QTP when the system is locked.
Hi,
Please follow below steps:

Start--->Run--> Type 'Regedit'
Change the following registry settings..
Goto following folder..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest
Professional\MicTest
Locate the key "SkipEnvironmentChecks"
By Default the value will be "0"
Change the value to "1" and restart the QTP.
Now QTP will run with system locked.

Regards,
Sankalp
Hi Sankalp,
Thanks for the reply, But we have already made all these changes in the registry values . But the issue is : During locking period when a popup window comes QTP is unable to identify the OK button and stuck there Until we login onto the System and do the manually click on the POP UP.

Regards,
Atul Goel
Hi,
Is OK btn is identified by qtp when sytem is not locked????

Regards,
Sankalp
Hi
If you still facing the problem try to write some code to perform click operation on keyboard every interval time, It will stop locking ur machine
Hi Sankalp -- Yes Its is identified by QTP when System is not locked.

Hi Srikanth -- I am not aware with the code you are talking about, Could you please send me the code. If you need snapshots for the issue then just give me ur mailid , will send it across.

Thanks All for your help !!
Srikanth , One more thing our issue is not to stop the System to be locked but we just wanna click on the Popup window when system is locked.

Guys pl provide me a solution for the issue as we need to submit it asap, Let me know if need anymore info.
Hi Atul,
Though I don't have the idea how to work on your issue on top of my head, check the below link which might helpful to keep your system unlocked
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-U...?pid=21316

This might solve the issue atleast till we comeup with some solution and more over this utility does not effect/depends on your script so you can execute on "n" number of machines simultaniously.
Thanks,
SUpputuri