Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extract Iterations - Using QTP-Datapool in QC
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
I must use QC to manage QTP-tests.

I want to use a global Datapool-Excel-Sheet in QTP, cause it would be costly to maintain several sheets, writing scripts that extracting test data.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO EXTRACT ITERATIONS from Datapool inside the testplan of QC and without touching QTP-settings?

Cause I am not able to define the host, on that the scripts will be run, at time coding them. So the settings in "QTP/Test/Settings/Run/Data Table iterations" should be not used/overruled.

So I want to choose several iterations for several test cases from inside QC.
yes you can attach your datatable in QC and using AOM call the global sheet.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
thanks for quick reply.

1. What means "AOM"?
2. I am using my global datasheet. Can I choose special rows (iterations)? When I start the test, the settings of QTP are used.

I want to run the same test (e. g. the Login) by several settings (e. g. 1st: cases only valid for admin, 2nd: cases valid for normal user)

Is the only solution to write two different tests and give there two different datasheets?
(No solution would be: To consistantly change the settings of QTP is not feasible. It is fail-prone and the subject matter editors (using the tests) are simple guys.)

Sorry, when I don't glance over the Mercury workflow yet. Maybe I try something in a wrong way.
please refer my post on Automation object Model(AOM), QTP and Excel. You will probably get your answer there.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
That looks like a promising way.
Tough luck for the subject matter agents. They can't choose rows. They need me ;-) But I like it.
Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repeat iterations Until New Value Is Seen in Column1 shayk1985 1 1,502 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Datatable iterations Studymode 2 3,482 12-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Studymode
  Extract and save a file from zip folder using VB Script karthicksri07 1 6,192 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP-Re-executing script after completion of all iterations JwalantBhatt0602 1 2,553 03-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Last Post: JwalantBhatt0602
Question QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet Breaker 18 55,326 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox