Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLEX BULIDER
Not Solved
Hi

I am new to FLEX BUILDER .I have installed 3.0 flext builderwith qtp 9.2 So need some infor regarding hte teting on the flex builder applicaitons .

If any one has prior experience please let me know

Is any frame work involved while working with the Flex Builder

Please let me know ASAP
Not Solved
Siri what this Flex Builder means, i didnt hear this word till now.

Could you please tell what is this, may i can look into at what it is
Not Solved
Hi Surya ,

One of the candidate i nthe form GIRIDHAR is working on this FLEX Builder .ITs an tool developer tool .

He wanted to record an applicaiton present on the FLEX Builder for this i am trying to add the ADDIn of the Flex builder .to QTP.

I beleive no one knows this this THREAD is an Advantage I will post the details regardign this .
as an attachement give me some time .

Just looking for some info regardign the same .
Not Solved
hi surya,
this si giridhar...
chekc the info abt flex..
 Flex is a free, open source framework for building highly interactive, expressive web applications that deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops, and operating systems.

 It provides a modern, standards-based language and programming model that supports common design patterns. MXML, a declarative XML-based language, is used to describe UI layout and behaviors, and Action Script™ 3, a powerful object-oriented programming language, is used to create client logic.

Flex also includes a rich component library with more than 100 proven, extensible UI components for creating rich Internet applications (RIAs), as well as an interactive Flex application debugger
Not Solved
Thanks KethiReddy, let me try this.
Not Solved
its ok. let me know if any further information required.
Not Solved
Hi Kethi reddy

Because of the non availability of the admin rghts i am notable to see the flex option i nthe qtp let me check and record one sampl applicaiotn for you.

Please give me some time
sorry for the delay
Not Solved
Hi Sridhar ,

INSTALALTION PROCESS
Flex 3 Plug-in for HP QuickTest Professional
To use Flex Automated Testing with the Flex 3 Plug-in for HP QuickTest Professional (formerly Mercury QuickTest Pro), you must perform additional steps. The rest of this section describes how to install and use the Flex 3 Plug-in for HP QuickTest Professional.
Requirements for Using the QTP Plug-in
To test applications with Flex Automated Testing and the QTP agent, you must install the following:
• Mercury QuickTest Professional 9.1 (no support for Smart Identification), available from Mercury
• Mercury QuickTest Professional 9.2 and patch 1701 or later if you want Smart Identification support
• Adobe Flex 3 Plug-in for Mercury QuickTest Pro
• Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 6 or later
• Flash Player ActiveX control, version 9.0.28.0 or higher
Installing the Plug-in
This section describes the steps necessary for a QC testing professional to configure QTP to work with Flex applications. You must install QTP and the plug-in.
To install QTP:
1. Install Flash Player 9 ActiveX control (9.0.28.0 or higher) for Microsoft Internet Explorer. This is currently the only supported browser/player.
2. Install QTP 9.1 if you do not require support for Smart Identification. If you want to use Smart Identification, install QTP 9.2 and patch 1701. You must get QTP 9.1 from Mercury.
3. If you are using Mercury QTP on Microsoft Windows Vista you need to turn off the User Account Control (UAC) feature. Instructions to turn off UAC are available here
4. Restart your computer.
To install the Flex 3 Plug-in for Mercury QuickTest Pro:
1. Run the flex_builder_root/Installers/QTP_Plugin_Installer.exe.
2. Start QTP.
3. Close QTP.
In addition to the plug-in's DLLs and XML files, the plug-in installer includes the following in the installation directory:
• /demo — Contains a Flash movie that describes the basics of using the plug-in. Be sure to enable audio on your computer.
• /Uninstall Adobe Flex 3 Plug-in for Mercury QuickTest Pro — Contains the uninstaller.
Using the Plug-in
1. Start QTP again after installing the plug-in. The Add-in Manager lists the Flex plug-in.
2. Select the Flex plug-in in the Add-in Manager.
3. Select New > Test and click the Record button.
NOTE: Flex application testing with QTP currently supports only Microsoft Internet Explorer with the ActiveX Flash Player.
For more information on these tasks and using QTP to test Flex applications, see Testing with QTP.
For information on the operations and properties of Flex objects in QTP, see QTP Object Type Information.
Not Solved
its ok .
but.please let me know without fail.
Not Solved
CAUTION: Do not install the plug-in version of Flex Builder 3 into a copy of Eclipse that is already hosting Flex Builder 2 plug-in. If you want to continue running Flex Builder 2 plug-in, download a new copy of Eclipse, and use that when installing Flex Builder 3 plug-in. In addition, be sure to use separate Eclipse workspaces for each installation of Flex Builder plug-in.
1. Log in as the Windows Administrator or as a computer administrator (a user account with administrator privileges).

Note: If you attempt to install without administrator privileges, the installation will complete with flagged issues. However, you will have installed an incomplete version of Flex Builder that you will not be able to run.