Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framework for multilingual website automation
Not Solved Smile 
Hi All,

Do anybody has any idea about designing the automation framework for automating the testing of a multilingual website using QTP.

Any prior experience/ suggestions.
Not Solved
hi

How Different is a multilingual website from an ordinary website.the object must be still the same.could you please help me in explaining it.

Regards
Kishore
Not Solved
Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your interests in the subject. The problem is that the site operates in more than 35 countries with approx 18 languages. The idea revolves around whether to consider each country's website as a distinct one, or do some generalization in order to achieve a better %age of usability.

I hope you got the point. Please revert in case you are having any confusion yet.

Anil K.
Not Solved
I second kishoreinchennai ...

anilverma.070: Are the objects(their unique properties etc) different for different languages?
Acc to my understanding, only the UI(language) will make a difference not the coding inside it. The diff made by the UI would anyhow be compared by the external data that you pass.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur:

Most of the time, it is different. e.g. Login page of the site remains same for all the language (part from the translation), but post login, page is totally customized according to the country. More so, contents of the page are dynamic and are displayed based on the country.

Objects like edit box have got an internal ID which makes them unique, but then there are things like labels, images, links that totally depends on country and language.
Not Solved
ok to make things more clear...can you show us say properties of labels, link , images etc(When I say property, I mean the UNIQUE recorded properties that are used to identify the object at run time) for two languages?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
OK Ankur,

Lets take the example of a text field (User Name for login):

For US/ English one:
Name: ctl00$workarea$loginPageView$ctl00$login$ctl00$tbxHandle
html id: ctl00_workarea_loginPageView_ctl00_login_ctl00_tbxHandle

For Germany one:
Name: CPLandingPageView$loginControl$ctl00$txtHandle
html id: CPLandingPageView_loginControl_ctl00_txtHandle
Not Solved
Anil

is there a common key word in any property which will identify
the object uniquely.For example the keyword login is in the name for english and german and this keyword must not be in any other object In Simple words if i say *Login* it must return
the username in all the languages.

IF the objects have such naming convention it is possible to derive a common frame work for all the login screens using regular expression.

i assume that the functionaly of the web page is same in all the languages.if yes this approach might work

if there is no way to group the objects on some common identifying facter in all these websites then you got to go for 33 different scenarios.

regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  automate a website which has flash objects. rohithaithal 0 1,624 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Last Post: rohithaithal
  How to Automate and maintain of a Highly Dynamic E Commerce Website?? shibinsundaran 0 1,959 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: shibinsundaran
  Automation Framework for Oracle Apps sachin.khot 1 2,281 08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Automation of CCF(customer care framework) using QTP omkarsingh 1 2,284 05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Automating a frequently updated website Muji 6 5,113 02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Last Post: jsknight1969