Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General run error after launching IE browser
Not Solved
Hi all,

I have a script "Login", in Test Settings\Resources i have associated with function "Init.vbs".

Before, i ran it successfully, but for now when i run it, after QTP launching IE browser, a General run error generated as the attachment.

I can not understand what's wrong with this.

So, could anybody help me on that?

Many thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Hi,

Please use the full file path whenever you are using the statement "ExecuteFile"

Syntax is

ExecuteFile "<Full File PATh of the library file.>"

I guess with your file you have some syntax error. Plz check the syntax using Ctrl+F7

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Hi Ankesh,

Thanks for your answer. I tried your solution but it has not been solved.

Plz note that, it ran successfully before.

Regards,
Linh
Not Solved
Please check that all the files are added in the resources.
(associated function library)
Not Solved
In the Resources, i only associate the function "Init.vbs".
I think my sources have no problem because they are run successfully.

Can anything be incorrupted with QTP?
Not Solved
Did you check the file whether it has some syntax errors or not? I feel there is something wrong with file. Plz check the syntax.
Not Solved
I checked them. All of them are valid
Hi,

In Test Settings\Resources, i tried to change from using relative function (Init.vbs) to using absolute (C:\QTPAutomation\VBS\Init.vbs) function then this error is dismissed.

Can you let me know why does the General run error happen when i use the relative function, although in Tools\Options\Folders i added the path (C:\QTPAutomation\VBS).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General run error when Exist fails msacks 1 1,646 02-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  General Object Error(Find Object Error) akhandesh 1 3,409 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: sindhus
Rolleyes The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error neerndg123 3 8,417 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: ananthakumarbe
  HI, i'm having a run time error ,please help? Awzar 0 2,390 01-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Awzar
  Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify t Divya Roopa 1 8,281 03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: devarapallliramana