Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetCellData() method ???
Not Solved
Hi,

I am using GetCellData() method on a table like...

first name last name Phn no.
WebEdit WebEdit WebEdit

When i use method for first line, I get the desired result, but I use this method for second line, it returns the name of WebEdit.

I want to retrive the data which I enter in the WebEdit box.

Do anyone have idea?

Regards,
sumit
Not Solved
Can you paste your code as to what you have been trying?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,

I am trying to get the value which user enters at the run time in WebEdit box, but using GetCelldata method, I am getting the First Name: (may be some property value of WebEdit.

How can i retrive the entered value (1 column, 2nd row data)?

PFA the table structure.

'GetCelldata
Text = Browser("Find a Flight: Mercury").Page("Book a Flight: Mercury").WebTable("First Name:").GetCellData(1, 1)

MsgBox "text contains" & Text

TIA...Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Interesting. I sense you are very interested to learn, and so, I am gonna do one better for you Smile

Here is a better way to approach a table,

1. Find out the total number of rows
2. Find out the total number of columns
3. Use a loop to iterate the entire table and fetch the data.

I know it sounds stupid with 3 steps, but here is what i meant,
Code:
For i = 0 to Rowcount
For j = 0 to ColumnCount
    Text = Browser("Find a Flight: Mercury").Page("Book a Flight: Mercury").WebTable("First Name:").GetCellData(i, j)
Next
Next

This is only a structural representation. Although, i could write the answer out, i would encourage you to pick the clues i gave and find what you need Smile

Good luck !!

"Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish and you feed him for Life !!!"
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,

With the mentioned method using For loop, I am getting the values which are already stored in the table as shown in table structure. For ex: for 2nd row, col 1 & 2 are null and for 3rd col all values in te list.

Suppose I enter "John" in first name, then using GetCellData(), I get the null value, though I can get this entered value using GetRoProperty("Value").

Is there any way to get values entered at the time of execution or GetCelldata return only values which are stored in the table.

Thanks,
Sumit
Not Solved
No, GetCellData will retrieve the value during runtime as well. However, once you enter the data try to navigate out of the cell, probably it is reading the cell content as a webelement instead of a table?
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GetCellData not implemented aranucci 4 6,426 01-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Last Post: aranucci
  error whith getcelldata within actxtable frebuffi 1 2,739 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Munna.Sarfraz
  GetCellData mv8167 8 17,584 03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: inborntester
  Rowcount: getcelldata : compare : click on true result. Please help shamak 1 5,060 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Last Post: basanth27
Question RE: Webtable - GetCellData to LocalSheet - another question boludes 3 4,036 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Last Post: boludes