Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting WebTable Count
Not Solved
Hello All,

I am quite new to QTP. The question that I have is, if I have like 100 webtables in a page/frame, and I want to get the total count of these webtable via code, how to do accomplish that?

My goal is to iterate over all the webtables, and for each webtable, I want to print the data (I am just trying to simplify the task for now).

In other words,
Code:
totalWebTables = Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebTable.GetCount(???)

for i = 1 to totalWebTables

msgbox Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebTable(i).RowCount
Next

Thanks. Kindly let me know if this doable.

AKapoor
Not Solved
You will have to get the frame's childobjects as the webtable. Learn more about childobjects method. Search this forum and you will slide through.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Thanks for your reply. Webtables are already frame's childobjects. But I am still not too sure, as to how to get this to work.
Not Solved
Since you are not intrested to search and learn, i will logically guide you till the tunnel and then let you survive Smile

Try this,
Code:
Set oWebtable = Description.Create()
oWebtable("micclass") = "Webtable"
oWebtable("html id") = "spy and enter the html id"

Set oChildObjects = Browser("").Page("").Frame("").ChildObjects(oWebtable)
msgbox oChildObjects.count
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WebTable..Row and Column Count Brian T. 10 72,105 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Teju
  Newbie: How do i count through a webtable to find an entry? jove1776 5 4,412 08-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Diff. between page checkpoint link count and childobj count anemuday 0 2,157 07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Last Post: anemuday