Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed in automating a Java window
Not Solved
Hi

I need some help in writing QTP code for a new window that has some Java components. This window has a Panel (JPanel) in the center of it with some text labels arranged one below the other and a arrow pointer > on the right of each text label. When I click on arrow > it opens a submenu with options. It looks something like this

Test >
Repair >
Close >

I am finding it difficult to write automation script for this. When I record, I see code
Code:
[b]JavaWindow("Ticket").JavaInternalFrame("Status ").JavaObject("JPanel").Click 45,10,"LEFT". [/b]
If I spy on it I get a long hierarchy and it shows the above options at the bottom of the hierarchy as
Code:
[b]JavaObject:Jpanel->JavaStaticText:Test[/b]

What best I can do in this case?
Not Solved
First add that object to your Object repository and try to highlight it. If it highlights then proceed with the code if not then we have get workaround for it.
Not Solved
Please ensure to include your code between [code] tags while asking or replying to questions. I have done this for you for this time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automating SAP Sales Order Dwarak Calayampundi 0 1,612 06-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Dwarak Calayampundi
  Automating shorcuts in Windows all programs surestud 0 1,577 04-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Last Post: surestud
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,440 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  help automating carousel ACCBAJPA 1 2,496 09-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jacosta
  qtp 11 not recording window within a window kp_usa 0 2,274 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: kp_usa