Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Copy Checkpoints, etc. To Shared OR?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I'm trying to get my checkpoints in my Local Object Repositories into my Shared Object Repository. The manual states that I can copy these or manually move them but does not give any more information as to how to do this. The manual states:

The Object Repository Merge Tool does not merge checkpoint or output objects from the primary and secondary object repositories into the target shared object repository. You can copy or manually move these objects to your target object repository after you complete the merge process, using the Object Repository Manager.

The Object Repository Merge Tool does not merge checkpoint or output objects from a local object repository into the target shared object repository. You can export checkpoint or output objects from a local object repository to a shared object repository and then manually move the checkpoint and output objects from the exported object repository to your target object repository after you complete the merge process, using the Object Repository Manager.

I have even tried the method of exporting the Checkpoints and that was successful but now how do I "manually move" these checkpoints into my Shared Object Repository?

Thanks,
Brian
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I will try to explain what does manual says by following statements
"The Object Repository Merge Tool does not merge checkpoint or output objects from a local object repository into the target shared object repository. You can export checkpoint or output objects from a local object repository to a shared object repository and then manually move the checkpoint and output objects from the exported object repository to your target object repository after you complete the merge process, using the Object Repository Manager."

Create a checkpoint, This will add an object in your local repository, Now export this an you will have now a shared repository with the checkpoint object you need,
at object repository manager
Now open the exported sahred OR in read/write mode
do a cut/copy of that object,
open your main shared OR (target OR) in read/write mode
do a paste here
Now you have the required checkpoint object is in your shared OR.

Hope I am able to explain it properly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,473 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Updating Shared repository vinod_3466 3 4,245 06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP 11 - CreateFolder fails to create folder in shared network drive from Windows 7 Pallavi 3 3,399 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Shared Object Repository issue ShekharUlli 2 3,294 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: ShekharUlli
  Query about checkpoints pkdhake 5 3,459 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: vinod123